I know the feeling of having glowing and flawless skin. But, how do you get flawless skin?
First, you need to understand your skin to help you use the right skincare products. You can consult a dermatologist who will guide you on understanding your skin.
Secondly, eat a healthy diet and drink lots of water. Lastly, Apply or use products that suit your skin tone.
As a makeup artist, I have seen ladies and men spending a lot of money on makeup and cream to make their skin look light-skinned.
You have also seen or heard of women who have undergone plastic surgery, used injection or bleaching cream to change their skin tone.
Afterwards, they become sick, get skin cancer, pimples, and cracked skin, which causes psychological trauma.
Always be good to your skin. You will wear it every day for the rest of your life. Think about it for a minute and make your skincare a daily routine.
Healthy eating habits help you get beautiful and glowing skin. Beauty products enhance your beauty.
From our Cultural experience, there has been misinformation such as light skin is better than dark skin.
We should change our perception of women of color. We need to appreciate and embrace our different skin colors.
Our Society should appreciate all skin colors. It should start with Parents and guardians.
They should empower and increase confidence in their children as early as possible. Help your children to accept their different skin colors and build their self-esteem.
Our cultural values
We need to have products that stand and follow our values like honesty, integrity, and compassion.
Additionally, we need to make beauty products in an honest way, run by people with integrity. Be compassionate to our people and have products that suit our beautiful skins.
What can we do;
- Fight for equal treatment for all women of color. Appreciate our different skin colors.
- Get more skin products such as lotion, cream, makeup, sunscreen creams like Vera Moore Cosmetics and Maréna Beauté.
- Challenge cultural expectation that women of color are capable.
- Get more representation by women of color.
- Support products and business-like OMGlo Cosmetics and AJ Crimson
- Create more awareness to accept women of color.
- Build self-esteem and teach girls to be proud of their skin color.
- Create more products for men of color. A good example is Golden Grooming Co for all skincare products for men.
- See more men and women of color in media or movies playing as main starring characters.
- Showcase all types of skin from dark to light on pictures, television commercials, magazines, and modelling anti-ageing on the runway.
What is your Skin Type?
So, let us take a closer look at different skin types. Knowing and understanding your skin helps you in taking care of your skin in the right way.
Each Skin type has symptoms that are different. Below is a guide of various skin types, symptoms, and how to take care of your skin.
- Oily skin
In most cases, oily skin affects your face. It is a type of skin that produces a lot of oil.
When sebaceous glands on your skin produce excess sebum, this makes oil on your skin.
Sebum is an oily and waxy substance. It protects and hydrates your skin. However, too much of it leads to clogged pores, oily skin, and acne. Sebum is vital in keeping your skin healthy.
Symptoms of Oily Skin
- Clogged pores
- Occasionally Pimples
- Shiny or greasy appearance
- Thick or rough skin
How to take care of Oily skin
- Wash regularly
- Pat dry your face
- Use facial mask
- Apply moisturizer regularly
- Dry Skin
Dry skin looks flaky and rough. It is itchy, less elastic
It also lacks fats and moisture. Moreover, it gets irritated and reacts to the environment.
Symptoms of Dry Skin
- Skin that looks or feel rough
- Redness and Itchy skin
- Cracks that may bleed
- Severe peeling, flaking, and scaling
How to take care of Dry skin
- Apply skincare products with natural oils.
- Use special care creams to restore its moisture.
- Eat a healthy diet and lots of water daily.
- Use sunscreen such as Black Girl Sunscreen to protect your skin from UV radiation.
- Normal Skin
Normal skin is soft and fine-pored, elastic, and well circulated.
Ensure you moisturize your skin to protect and keep it healthy.
Symptoms of Normal Skin
- A radiant complexion
- Not too dry and not too oily
How to take care of Normal skin
- Massaging in face cream boosts circulation.
- Keeps your skin fresh regularly
- Take care of your eyes for a beautiful and sparkling face.
- Sensitive skin
Often, it is red, itchy, and tight. Sensitive skin requires special care to strengthen and calm it. In most cases, particular skincare products trigger it.
Symptoms of Sensitive Skin
- It’s Dryness
- Have some Redness
- Feels Itching
- Yo feels Burning
How to take care of Sensitive Skin
- Don’t rub your skin with a towel vigorously.
- Fragrances can cause skin irritation. Use Perfume free product
- Avoid hot spices because they irritate your skin
- Use a cream that protects the skin against harmful environmental influences.
- Mature Skin
As we grow older, lots of different processes take place in the skin. These changes its appearance, structure, and the activities it performs.
These change the structure, appearance, and skin performance
Mature skin lacks moisture, has wrinkles, and is slack or less elastic. Good skincare products reduce wrinkles and pigment spots.
- Has wrinkles
- Lacks Moisture
- Rough, itching, and dry
- Becomes slack or loss of elastic
How to take care of Mature Skin
- Ensure you use enough sun protection
- Apply Moisturizer masks with quality oils
- Use eye care cream
- Apply cream
Well, being proud, embracing, and loving your beautiful skin color is the first step. Then, understanding your skin type. Last but not least, get the right skincare products. These will help you improve and build your self-esteem.
So what does all this mean? Skincare is one of the most crucial steps in your makeup routine. Proper skin care helps your makeup to last longer and stay in place. The Right skincare products reduce anti-ageing properties.